Re: pretty printing frames from *Backtrace*

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: pretty printing frames from *Backtrace*
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 04:30:58 +0100

Noam Postavsky <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems to be 2 frames off non-compiled, and not working at all when
> compiled. But I think it's something that is sorely lacking from the
> debugger currently.

I had tested it in emacs -Q, worked well here compiled (emacs-25
branch).

> I think it would be easier to integrate directly into the debugger, it
> would probably save the trouble of cumbersome frame counting.

Doesn't the debugger already do frame counting from Lisp - see
`debugger-frame-number' (AFAICT marking frames for debugger-reentry is
based on this)?  FWIW I've changed my code to use this function instead
of reinventing the wheel.

Michael.