Emacs and Wayland

From: Tobias Gerdin
Subject: Emacs and Wayland
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 00:37:18 +0100

Fedora 25 was released earlier this week with Wayland enabled by default. There
seems to have been some effort in making Emacs run on Wayland natively but
nothing official as far as I can tell. So I was just wondering if there is a
plan for Wayland support? (As opposed to relying on XWayland, which is meant to
be an interim solution I guess).

Recently there was discussion on developing a pure GTK+-backend for Emacs. The
fact that GTK+ comes with a Wayland backend makes the case for such a pure
GTK+-port even stronger I think.

-Tobias