Re: [GUI emacs:term.el] Possible regression causes word wrapping to brea

From: Nicholas Ochiel
Subject: Re: [GUI emacs:term.el] Possible regression causes word wrapping to break term display in zsh
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 13:29:48 +0300

> The discussion there seems to say it has to do with something called
oh-my-zsh and/or multi-term?

Indeed, yes, oh-my-zsh (http://ohmyz.sh), which provides plugins for
zsh appears to be the source of the problem. (I apologise for not
investigating that a bit more before posting.)

Specifically, by disabling the plugin which provides *syntax
highlighting* in the shell,
(https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh-syntax-highlighting), ~ emacs -Q
--eval '(term "/bin/zsh")' ~ works without error.

(However, the syntax highlighting plugin works without any issues in xterm.)

I've provided further details below in case they are still relevant.

> Are zsh and a GUI frame necessary for reproducing this issue?

- zsh is necessary.
- The issue occurs both in gui and virtual console.

> Does the recipe you posted reproduce the
problem in "emacs -Q"?

Reproduced with ~ emacs -Q --eval '(term "/bin/zsh")' ~

> Do you mean point jumps by itself, or do you mean it jumps when you
try moving it with cursor motion keys?  IOW, please describe what
triggers these jumps.

- Type one char at a time until the edge of the frame is reached.
- Type one char; line wraps to the next line.
- Type one char; point moves to line above.

> Did you try to disable the fringes?  Did it help?

Issue still occurs when:
- ~(fringe-mode nil)~
- ~(setq overflow-newline-into-fringe nil)
--
Sincerely,
Nicholas Ochiel