Re: Conservative GC isn't safe

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: Conservative GC isn't safe
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 10:21:03 -0500

GCL uses a conservative GC as well.  I've always pondered how to make it
more efficient by controlling the allocation and initialization of the
stack.  The general idea is that the stack should be initialized when
allocated, including alignment padding.  The natural place to do this is
with a gcc switch, as I cannot see any way to distinguish variables in
register in standard C.

Anyone know of any developments along these lines?

Take care,