Re: Conservative GC isn't safe

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Conservative GC isn't safe
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 16:24:34 -0800

On 11/26/2016 11:08 AM, Pip Cet wrote:
There's a new, currently undocumented, GCC option called
-fkeep-gc-roots-live, which I think addresses this problem.

Thanks, I hadn't heard about this option. Apparently it's designed for Go, whose garbage collector follows pointers to any part of the pointed-at object. Although this doesn't match Emacs's current GC, it should be an improvement. Perhaps someone could try using this option to build Emacs, to see whether it hurts performance or correctness.