Re: Preview: portable dumper

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Preview: portable dumper
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 12:21:13 -0800

On 11/28/2016 12:12 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
I think this is a wrong direction

If the proposed dumper works reliably and quickly and portably, Emacs should be in a significantly better place than it is now. So in that sense this is not the wrong direction.

Perhaps you're right and making lread faster would work better. However, nobody has implemented that. If someone does implement it we can switch to it later, regardless of whether we use the proposed dumper in the meantime.