Re: GnuTLS per-connection variables

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: GnuTLS per-connection variables
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 11:07:03 -0500

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 13:50:30 +0100 Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

>> * how to migrate users from the current defcustoms in
>> (customize-group 'gnutls) to this new system? Do we support both for
>> some time?

MA> That I don't know. Maybe one adds a new defcustom group per server
MA> on-the-fly, and let the variables declare inside every such group. A
MA> post customization function shall move those variables into
MA> connection-local variables then.

MA> And maybe one could write code to support such approach for a general
MA> use case, not only for gnutls.

Thanks for the great explanation. I'll see how all this integrates with
gnutls.el. The dynamic customization suggestion sounds very similar to
the Gnus group/topic customization logic, which generates customization
logic as well. I also think there's an interesting connection with
dir-local variables, which also have the concepts of context sensitivity
and hierarchy.

Ted