Re: Preview: portable dumper

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Preview: portable dumper
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 12:28:08 -0800

>> We have to assume a certain baseline level of skill on the part of our
>> future colleagues. I don't want to dumb down our implementation for the
>> sake of people we don't know and who, for all we know, may never actually
>> appear.

EZ> You are insulting most of the people on this list, some of them long-time
EZ> and fruitful contributors. They don't deserve that.

Eli, I don't read any insult here, just Daniel questioning the fear that we'd
code ourselves into oblivion if core allowed any more complexity. I think we
all want more Lisp and less C, I've seen you both say as much. The real point
being debated is whether some additional C wouldn't help us in the interim.

Note that I've seen both statements become true: Complex core that repulsed
new contributors, and new contributors willing to learn anything to help a
project.