Re: Regarding performance issues with the Emacs 25.1 Windows-build

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Regarding performance issues with the Emacs 25.1 Windows-build
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 21:47:01 +0000

Jostein Kjønigsen <address@hidden> writes:
> I haven't seen any more feedback on this on the public mailing-list
> since I last emailed, so I don't know if you've received adequate, or
> any feedback at all at this point.

Yes, you'd replied and one piece of feedback is plenty! Just a bit
work-bombed at the moment, hence the slow movement.

> I therefore wanted to let you know that I've now used this build as
> "my daily driver" since you published it, as a replacement for
> (previously superior) Emacs 24.5, and I've had no major complaints or
> incidents so far.
>

> In my opinion, as the one who originally raised this issue, I'm happy to
> consider this issue resolved.

Good and timely feedback. The new version on ftp.gnu.org

https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

I'll wait a few days and then remove the unoptimized version.

> And let me say: Thanks again for your work. It's really appreciated!

No worries, am glad to have got the feedback.

I'll try and get the next pre-release out of the door as soon as I can!

Phil