Re: Bugs related to buffer-local tags-file-name

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Bugs related to buffer-local tags-file-name
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 03:12:20 +0200

On 29.11.2016 19:25, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Dmitry, should I wait for your testing as well, or should I just push
the changes?

Yes, sorry. I think you should go ahead with them, maybe with some minor tweaks.

My notes:

- In visit-tags-table-buffer's docstring, "optional arg CONT" should probably be just "CONT", all three times.

- More importantly, this patch contains a backward-incompatible change to the tags-completion-table function. Maybe we should consider how to make BUF an optional argument.

Although this might be not the end of the world: I only know of one external package that calls it (company-etags).

If we work around that by catching the wrong-number-of-arguments error, maybe the result will be to everybody's satisfaction.

Or maybe we'd just use tags-lazy-completion-table there.

- It would be great if let-binding tags-table-list around tags-lazy-completion-table didn't leak it to the global value either (which happens with company-etags). Alas, this seems to be a harder task.