Re: Preview: portable dumper

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Preview: portable dumper
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 20:49:33 -0800

> If that's your decision, I'm going to fork.

I'm quite sorry to hear it, but if branches are unacceptable, then such is
your right as a free software developer.

Just so you know, I'd hope to see your patches on master within six months, if
we can find some willing testers (and one has already stepped forward). The
only way your changes *wouldn't* land is if a better alternative comes along
in the meantime -- which, of course, would mean we all win.

I don't suppose I can encourage you to maintain your fork within the Emacs.git
repository? There this thing, rhymes with "blanch", where you could work on
your version in tandem, even merge changes from us every once in a while... :)