Re: Preview: portable dumper

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: Preview: portable dumper
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 13:31:37 -0800

On 12/03/2016 01:09 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
I'd forgotten about that patch. It's further evidence of the trouble
lurking here. How about landing that code now?
How about not being rash and reading up on the conversations that ended in
that patch not being applied?

Or applying the patch I suggested instead (much simpler and leverages
the syntax-ppss cache)...

I'll have to go back and reread the thread. I do recall Alan having a good point about syntax-ppss being incorrect for certain kinds of two-character comment starters.