Re: Preview: portable dumper

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Preview: portable dumper
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2016 05:31:25 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 16:30:37 -0500
>
> Daniel, after the portable dumper is done, would you like to learn
> some area of the display code where bugs are waiting to be fixed?

"Display code" might be misleading.  There are no bugs I know of in
display code proper (xdisp.c, dispnew.c) that I know of and are not
fixed.

I'm guessing you meant the problems I mentioned in the area of font
selection, font back-ends, and character composition.  Those are the
problematic areas.

Volunteers are more than welcome to work in these areas, whether by
studying the code via bugs that need to be solved, or by any other
means.