Re: Preview: portable dumper

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Preview: portable dumper
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 14:51:50 +0200

On 04.12.2016 14:34, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

Or applying the patch I suggested instead (much simpler and leverages
the syntax-ppss cache)...

Your patch was indeed simpler.  Indeed, it was so simple as actually not
to work in general, as well as being ~2 orders of magnitude slower than
the current (forward-comment -1).

Which has never been demonstrated to be a problem in practice.

BTW, I've been looking at bug #22983 the last few days, since it seems
nobody else is going to bother fixing it.

The patch is there: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22983#47

You're welcome to install it.

I'm still waiting for someone to assist Vitalie with the hard-widen effort.