Re: Is it the 40th Anniversary of Emacs

From: Toon Claes
Subject: Re: Is it the 40th Anniversary of Emacs
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2016 10:48:12 +0100

Hi,

2016 is almost over, and we still haven't picked a date to celebrate
GNU Emacs's 40the anniversary.

I stumbled upon this thread from earlier this year:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-02/msg01643.html

I like December 25, like RMS is suggesting, and we still can prepare the
/birthday party/.

One idea I was thinking of: merry-grav-mass-mode
An animated Grav-mass tree inside your Emacs. It would be awesome.
(see https://stallman.org/grav-mass.html for more info)

Unfortunately I am not so skilled with elisp to write it myself.

Regards,
Toon