Re: ChangeLog.3 in master

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: ChangeLog.3 in master
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2016 19:23:02 +0200

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 08:18:00 -0800
>
> On 12/08/2016 07:58 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > As for updating the file in the repository, it really is necessary
> > when a release is tarred.  So perhaps we don't need to do this on
> > master, only on the release branch?
>
> That would simplify maintenance, yes. In that case, I suppose I should
> remove ChangeLog.3 in master?

Yes, but let's wait for a couple of days to give others a chance to
comment on this.

Thanks.

P.S. If making a tarball from master (e.g., some GNU/Linux
distribution might want to do that) will require some extra steps due
to removal of the ChangeLog, we should probably update
admin/make-tarball.txt accordingly, when we remove the file.