Re: Please test the merge of the concurrency branch

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Please test the merge of the concurrency branch
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 09:14:04 +0200

> From: Clément Pit--Claudel <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 18:09:03 -0500
>

> It builds fine on my machine, and it doesn't seem to break Proof General
> (which makes heavy use of subprocesses), nor any of my packages' test suites
> :)

Excellent news!  Using Helm would be another good way of testing that.

> However, make check seems to fail:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory '/build/emacs/master-clean/doc/misc'
> make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'info'.
> make[2]: Leaving directory '/build/emacs/master-clean/doc/misc'
>   GEN      info/dir
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/build/emacs/master-clean'
> make -C test check
> make[1]: Entering directory '/build/emacs/master-clean/test'
> rm -f *.tmp
> test ! -d ./automated
> Makefile:159: recipe for target 'check-no-automated-subdir' failed
> make[1]: *** [check-no-automated-subdir] Error 1

The error message was supposed to speak for itself :-(

The solution is to manually delete the 'automated' directory, it is a
left-over from some past merge from emacs-25.

This issue has nothing to do with real failures of the test suite,
it's just a precaution that the test suite takes to make sure no
spurious files and directories are present.

> Good job on the merge! Exciting stuff.

Thanks for testing it.