Re: Concurrency has landed

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Concurrency has landed
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 20:24:05 +0200

> Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 19:36:10 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > If no serious issues are uncovered, this will land on master by
> > tomorrow evening (UTC).
>
> Now done.  Welcome to concurrency, Emacs!

Paul,

Unfortunately, this effectively reverts your changes in 644fc17, which
removed the interpreter's byte stack.  The thread code saves and
restores the stack upon thread switch; since that removal gave me
trouble both during merge and while testing the results, I concluded
that the byte stack should be restored.

At the time, this conclusion made perfect sense to me.  However, in
hindsight, I can no longer convince myself the removal was justified.
So if you find that the byte stack can still be removed without
breaking the concurrency feature, feel free to do so, or just tell
what should be changed in the thread-related code, and I will do that.

Sorry about this.