Re: Strange behavior editing a file from Dired

From: Simen Heggestøyl
Subject: Re: Strange behavior editing a file from Dired
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 16:11:11 +0100

I've experienced something similar.

Sometimes I move through long lists of files in Dired, visiting them
along the way by pressing RET and then killing them with C-x k when
I'm done looking. Most of the time I'll find that point is located in
the same place that I left it in the Dired buffer, but on some
occasions point has moved all the way to the top of the buffer.

I haven't been able to reproduce it reliably.

-- Simen