Re: RFC: String interpolation

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: RFC: String interpolation
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 15:12:15 -0500

> Technically yes, but one normally gives out original format strings
> for localization, not results of macro expansion.

Hmm... I don't think this could work for Lisp (and not just Emacs Lisp)
in general.  More specifically, in the case of Lisp, I'd expect that the
format strings used for localization could come from anywhere between
the source code and the fully macro-expanded code, and it would be under
the control of each macroexpander to use the string before or after
its expansion.

        Stefan