Re: Please test the merge of the concurrency branch

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Please test the merge of the concurrency branch
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 21:05:47 -0600

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> By the way, I also built an earlier revision (I don't remember the
>> rev id now) from the branch, and used it for about an hour, likewise
>> with no problems.  Then at some point I did 'git pull' and was
>> surprised to get a merge -- surprised, because I had no local
>> modifications.  I assume this means you or someone rebased the
>> branch at some point?
>
>Which branch? concurrency or test-concurrency?  These are different
>branches; the latter is actually master with concurrency merged into
>it (in de4624c), and with some followup commits to fix problems.

'test-concurrency' only.

>If you checked out the test-concurrency branch, then there were no
>rebases on it since it was pushed, a day before I announced it.  I
>only added a few commits since then.

Hunh.  Well, I don't know what happened, in that case.  My local repository
definitely didn't like two successive pulls a couple of hours apart, on the
test-concurrency branch.  I did 'git reset --hard HEAD' after the first time
and then re-pulled, to make sure I was really seeing what I thought I was
seeing.  I had no local modifications or anything (if I had I would have
stashed them).

Since there's no easy way to reconstruct or debug it now, and the branch has
landed on master anyway, I guess I'll let this remain a mystery.