Re: replacing ldefs-boot.el

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: replacing ldefs-boot.el
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 12:00:40 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: address@hidden (Phillip Lord)
>> Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 12:17:47 +0000
>>
>> Just revisting this; I believe this code is complete now, and I'd like
>> to merge to master (after squashing).
>>
>> John, Eli are you happy?
>
> I'm not sure people were enthusiastic about it.  But I'm not opposed,
> either.

I think several people liked getting rid of the autogen file (or at
least making it smaller); you didn't think this was an issue. Several
specific potential issues were raised, but no one objected in principle.

I've added it now. If it causes problems in practice, I will back it out
and think again.

Phil