Re: Regular expression libraries

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Regular expression libraries
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 09:43:55 -0800

Clément Pit–Claudel wrote:
the last check (len < length1) was added to "avoid overflow in computing sum of
lengths". But I thought int overflow was undefined behaviour, so why does the len <
length1 check make sense?

You're right, it doesn't. I fixed this by installing the attached patch into Gnulib. You should look at the Gnulib version and not the glibc version: Gnulib regex has portability and other fixes that glibc regex doesn't. I never have gotten up the energy to propagate the Gnulib fixes back into glibc.