RE: forward-comment and syntax-ppss

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: forward-comment and syntax-ppss
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 15:16:53 -0800 (PST)

> > > One clear example of the former is Info mode, where the
> > > buffer is always narrowed to the current node.
> >
> > Nope.  That's an example of just what I said: Narrowing does
> > more than just hide text from a user's eyes - and the use of
> > narrowing by Info relies on that "more".
>
> You can say "nope" all you want, the fact stays.

What fact is that?  How is the narrowing done by Info ONLY
hiding text from user eyes?

You know perfectly well that plenty of the behavior of Info
depends on narrowing to nodes.  It is not at all simply about
hiding text from the user.  Try removing the narrowing, and
see how well the Info _code_ behaves.