Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 2c8a7e5: Improve diff-mode navigation/manipulat

From: Tino Calancha
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 2c8a7e5: Improve diff-mode navigation/manipulation
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 11:22:22 +0900

Dima Kogan <address@hidden> writes:

> Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On 10.12.2016 19:27, Dima Kogan wrote:
>>
>>> For the other concerns, I can special-case the last hunk, and move to
>>> eob for diff-next, and to ding only if we're already at eob to begin
>>> with.
>
> Hi. I played around with this, and I now really don't like this idea
> because it would mean that diff-hunk-next no longer always moves to the
> next hunk. At the last hunk, diff-hunk-next would stay on the SAME hunk
> if this was implemented. It would really make more sense if
>
> - diff-hunk-next moves to next hunk
> - if this isn't possible, the point stays where it is, and an error is
>   signalled
>
> This is what the behavior in git intends to do.
Hi Dima,
after commit 2c8a7e5 the following receipt doesn't work:

M-! git show HEAD RET
C-x o
C-x C-q
M-x diff-mode RET
;; Signal error:
diff-beginning-of-file-and-junk: Can’t find the beginning of the file

I use above code very often: before commit 2c8a7e5, it skips the commit
message and jumps to the first hunk.
Is it possible to make above snippet working as before?

Regards,
Tino