Re: Testing of the portable dumper branch

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: Testing of the portable dumper branch
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 18:10:32 +0100

As a side-note, what do we usually do about old branches? There are branches
on that page saying "13 years ago".  Do we delete them or just leave them
hanging?

My guess is that most people would be ok to get rid of them, but don't care enough to argue about it when faced with the inevitable arguments like "but it does not hurt to keep them", "it might prove useful one day" or "it has historical value" :-)

My take on this is would be to do a giant cleanup (delete all irrelevant branches), but archive these beforehand somewhere "just in case" to be on the safe side.

Philippe