Re: Condition to link to javascript code?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Condition to link to javascript code?
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 12:18:38 -0500

  > > The ethical issue that does arise here is that it would be good to
  > > give the user the power to optionally select a (perhaps modified)
  > > version of klisp.js to use.  Is that possible?

  > Yes, it's  just the default  value of a defcustom.   You can change  it to
  > point to  whichever version  you like  — even on  a file-by-file  basis, I
  > think.

We are miscommunicating.

The defcustom can be set by the person who generates the HTML file and
posts it.  But that's not who I mean by "the user."

I'm talking about the user who visits that HTML file in a browser.
That is who will run klisp.js, so that's who really should have
control over which version of klisp.js to run.

Is there a way to set that up?

--
Dr Richard Stallman