Re: Testing of the portable dumper branch

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Testing of the portable dumper branch
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 14:25:19 -0500

>> My take on this is would be to do a giant cleanup (delete all irrelevant
>> branches), but archive these beforehand somewhere "just in case" to be on
>> the safe side.
> We archive them under old-branches.

Exactly.  I'm more annoyed at the branches we have in the top-level and
which I believe should be moved to old-branches (such as the
test-concurrency one I queried about on this list recently, with no
answer).

But if someone's worried about its impact on the total size of a "git
clone", we could move old-branches to another repository, tho I expect
those branches use up a negligible amount of space.

        Stefan