Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 0a5b6e2: Fix aborts in GC under GC_CHECK_MARKED

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 0a5b6e2: Fix aborts in GC under GC_CHECK_MARKED_OBJECTS
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 18:17:57 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 22:45:43 -0500
>
> That there might be on the stack a Lisp_Object variable which holds
> a Lisp_Vectorlike references which is really a reference to a thread
> object, so the conservative GC would need to be able to recognize them,
> AFAICT.  So your code doesn't make things worse, but I think that the
> problem detected by GC_CHECK_MARKED_OBJECTS needs to be fixed by adding
> thread objects to the red-black tree.

I think they already are in the tree: the thread object is a
Lisp_Vectorlike allocated from some block in vector_blocks, and all
the blocks there are already inserted into the tree.  Other than that,
the few members of thread_state structure are just "normal" Lisp
objects, so they are also in the tree.