Re: Condition to link to javascript code?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Condition to link to javascript code?
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 11:18:31 -0500

  > That's a commonly held misconception.  Most CDN that use long cache
  > expirations (a year is commonly seen) have separate mechanisms in place
  > to ensure that the cached copy can be replaced/updated before
  > expiration.  The CDN server will generally get at least one HEAD request
  > for each vist, even if the cached copy for most or all of the actual
  > library content is getting used in the end.

Thanks for the correction.  This tips the scales, I think.  So I think
that we should recommend people who export HTML host their own copy of
klipse.js _and likewise the other libraries that the generated output
uses_.

It would be good to set the defaults so as to presume that will be done.
But there is no need to eliminate the global variables that direct the
HTML exporter, so people who do exportation will be able to point to
Google's copy if they want to.

Bastien, what do you think of this?

--
Dr Richard Stallman