Re: Condition to link to javascript code?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Condition to link to javascript code?
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 11:18:32 -0500

  > > Could you put some JS code into the page that would give the user
  > > a way to specify a different URL for klipse.js?  Perhaps that could
  > > be stored in a cookie or something else in the browser.

  > You could do that by rewriting the page into the form that is then
  > ultimately displayed in the browser.  But I don't consider that a good
  > solution as the user doesn't know what's going to happen before trying
  > to use the file (and not at all if the respective cookie already exists,
  > which the user might have forgotten about or has been dropped in from
  > somewhere).

I don't follow the meaning of that text.  For instance, "rewriting the
page into the form that is then ultimately displayed..."  Could you
explain what sort of rewrite you mean?

The JS code I propose would indeed change the page -- but only in a
single detail, the URL for klipse.js.  That change hardly qualifies
as "rewriting".  So what "rewriting" is it?

--
Dr Richard Stallman