Re: Emacs Lisp JIT Compiler

From: Nickolas Lloyd
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp JIT Compiler
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 12:22:44 -0500

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

>> Yes, I'd be happy to! I've not signed the papers yet, but I'll begin that
>> process so that I can push the changes.
>
> Thank you!  address@hidden will get you sorted.

Now that I've gotten commit access, I've finally sorted my code into a
logical commit sequence and pushed it to the `nick.lloyd-bytecode-jit'
branch.  I intend to do some more work on cleaning it up and
streamlining it, but it's been recently merged with master and is
available for testing/review.

Also, I did make an attempt to modify this code to use libgccjit instead
of libjit, with some success.  It was able to run Burton's ray-tracer
test in batch mode a few seconds faster than the libjit version, but
running Emacs in interactive mode caused an abort in gcc.  I haven't had
much time to investigate that so I've decided to stick with libjit for
now.

I would certainly appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks,
Nick