Re: The current state of the comment-cache branch

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: The current state of the comment-cache branch
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 08:40:30 +0000

Hello, Stefan.

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 08:33:56PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >                    First forward run     Backwards     Second forward run
> > master:                 34.100s            36.050s     34.575s
> > comment-cache:          30.110s            32.275s       34.990s

> How come comment-cache is slower on the second run than on the first?

I don't know.  I've spent quite some time searching for an answer
without coming up with any theories.  But it's definitely something
systematic, it's not just random noise in an isolated timing.

The good news is that on third and subsequent runs, it doesn't get any
slower.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).