Re: Condition to link to javascript code?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Condition to link to javascript code?
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 13:55:18 -0500

  > You have to rewrite the DOM the browser sees before rendering the page
  > (or at least before it renders the part that loads klipse.js).

"Rewrite" normally means making big changes, but I think you're
using it to mean "alter".

Indeed, my proposal would include altering the DOM.

  >   The original page would always need to be
  > loaded at least partly, then check for the availability of local script
  > files, decide on where to load them from, then render the modified page.

That makes sense.

  >   In order to be responsive, those decisions need to be made as early as
  > possible, so it'd be a mistake to render much of the page before getting
  > there.

That makes sense.

            You'd also have to ensure that the browser doesn't prefetch the
  > server versions (i.e. because they are visible in the document before
  > you get to remove them from the final DOM).

There is no reason for the initial HTML to refer to klipse.js at all.
Since that is a Javascript program, there is no point fetching it at
all unless Javascript is enabled.

If the URL for loading it is filled in by execution of other previous
JS code, there is no chance of prefetching klipse.js from anywhere.

So, is there any flaw in this plan?

--
Dr Richard Stallman