Re: standard output/error/input streams

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: standard output/error/input streams
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 19:51:19 +0200

> Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 16:31:54 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
>   . getchar doesn't return until you type RET, at least on my system,
>     which might come as a surprise to users.

One other problem with this is that until getchar returns, Emacs is
stuck, and nothing runs.  That's not a good thing, IMO, so I think the
implementation should go via wait_reading_process_output and stuff
(which will have a nice side effect of letting some other thread run
while Emacs waits for input).