Re: Patch for Emacs 25.2

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Patch for Emacs 25.2
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 18:11:04 +0200

> From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 10:44:45 +0100
>
> enclosed is a patch of tramp.el, which fixes a bug introduced by Emacs
> 25.1, commit e3a0f3daf12e208e88d712b09ef82096849b9431.
>
> Working on this, I found a related bug in files.el, which would be
> solved by the appended patch as well.
>
> Both changes are simple, so I'm asking whether they could be applied to
> Emacs 25.2. I've adapted also tramp-tests.el, and all tests pass for
> both GNU/Linux and MS Windows.

Do I understand correctly that fixing the bug introduced by e3a0f3d
requires only the change in tramp.el?  If so, the change for tramp.el
is OK for the emacs-25 branch.

Regarding the other bug and its fix in files.el, can you tell more
about the bug?  A change in files.el affects a very broad class of use
cases, so I'd like to know more before I make up my mind about it.

Thanks.