Re: CEDET Merge

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: CEDET Merge
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 22:32:36 +0100

Dmitry Gutov writes:
> On 18.01.2017 00:06, David Engster wrote:
>
>> That's great, thanks. You will need to remove quite some stuff from
>> there that is not in Emacs, like everything Java related, the Fortran
>> tests, ede/arduino, cogre...
>
> Is that a good idea? If CEDET development is going to proceed inside
> Emacs from now on, why would you remove Java support?

CEDET's Java support was never in Emacs, and the CEDET repository will
not vanish, so we're not really removing anything. Anybody can port the
Java support to Emacs or ELPA later.

> Is it in a really bad shape?

To my knowledge, nobody has been working on it for quite some time, so
I'd be surprised if it worked with today's typical Java code.

-David