Re: kill-buffer calls frame's buffer-predicate for all buffers even if t

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: kill-buffer calls frame's buffer-predicate for all buffers even if the killed buffer was not shown in any window.
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 17:43:01 +0200

> From: Constantin Kulikov <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 13:03:08 +0300
> Cc: emacs-devel <address@hidden>
>
> Well I think Stefan's solution is more correct and will not break anything.

I'd like to avoid any changes in behavior of kill-buffer that could
possibly affect existing code.  So if the change should be in
kill-buffer itself, please introduce an additional optional argument
that will control whether buffer visibility is considered and/or
whether the frame predicates are called; with-temp-buffer could then
use that new argument.

This function survived the last 5 years with no real changes, and even
before that most of the code which implements this logic wasn't
touched.  I see no reason to make such changes now in a very popular
function/command, for the benefit of very specialized use cases.

Thanks.