Re: Referring users to external web pages

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Referring users to external web pages
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 16:05:40 -0700

RMS> There is no ethical issue in having a special function to access those
RMS> pages.  Technically, though, if users need to remember that function's
RMS> name, this feature is more complexity than it is worth.  Can you find
RMS> a way to make it automatic so that users don't have anything extra to
RMS> remember?

The code rebinds `C-h S' in css-mode to use this new function.
C-h S is currently info-lookup-symbol, so it seemed analogous.

RMS> Also, we don't want to pressure users in the direction of consulting
RMS> material over the net rather than having a local copy.  So please make
RMS> the function also work with a local copy, if there is a local copy.

Ok.  This makes sense to me, I will make the base URL configurable.

As far as I know there's no commonly-installed, free CSS documentation.
Normally I'd write this code to look for an installed copy first, but I
don't think there's one to look for.

thanks,
Tom