Re: CEDET Merge

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: CEDET Merge
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 19:08:54 -0500

> Yes, git tracks 'Author' and 'Committer', each with their own date. So
> the ChangeLog generator script would need to use the name from 'Author'
> with the date from 'Committer'. But does it actually do that?

If it doesn't, we can change it, so it's not a problem.

> And wouldn't it be pretty confusing to have dates in the ChangeLog
> that are years apart from those in the git log?

That's how things are, by design (tho you can tweak your "git log" to
also output the author date, if you want), so the confusion is not due
to the "--date" argument (and can be fixed after the fact if we decide
so, whereas retroactively fixing the author-date is a lot more
difficult).

        Stefan