Issue with font rendering caused by one of the commits in last 48 hrs #m

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Issue with font rendering caused by one of the commits in last 48 hrs #master
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 05:45:53 +0000

Hello all,

I keep my emacs build updated from the master branch pretty regularly.

My last build was using this build: http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=8c0fcaf66733f0538a3f024f383cb34a3c93d73c and that was good.

A while back, I built using http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=e5e42cefd7f2eb47d2c8660a7a317e8b08d36a82 and that has font issues.. whether launching emacs directly or emacsclient.

So one of these 4 commits has caused the issue:

e5e42cefd7 * origin/master origin/HEAD master diff-hunk-kill independent of point inside headers
1508b538fd * ; Revert "Improve diff-mode navigation/manipulation"
82a5e4dc88 * Fix free var FOO-mode-{syntax,abbrev}-table warnings
9c4e3097b5 * Check that variable lists are actually lists

Following images show the issue:
Notice that I am using the exact same emacs config with the exact same fonts (PragmataPro) set in ~/.Xdefaults. Also I did not see any errors in the *Messages* buffer at startup.

Good build (8c0fcaf). This is what the fonts looked like:
pasted1

Bad build (e5e42ce): This is what it looks in the latest build. Notice that fonts look weird and the vertical pipe char is all misaligned.
pasted2

Is anyone seeing similar issue?

Thanks.
--