Re: CEDET Merge

From: Eric Ludlam
Subject: Re: CEDET Merge
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 13:06:25 -0500

On 01/18/2017 04:57 PM, David Engster wrote:
My worry is indeed feature creep. The CEDET merge fell behind because I
couldn't keep up with the changes in Emacs, most notably the switch to
git and the extensive changes in EIEIO. The code base is very large and
complicated, so I'm against adding more code to Emacs core. Instead, we
should try to make it more modular and put support for certain languages
and project types into separate ELPA projects. This would also make it
easier to share maintainership of CEDET.

I agree with David. Making it easy to create and maintain different extensions independent of CEDET core will be a big win.

Eric