Re: Missing sentinel events

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Missing sentinel events
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 19:22:19 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 12:52:58 -0500
>>
>> The "the event looks like one of the following" wording already
>> implies the list is not exhaustive (and indeed, I don't think it is)
>
> It's supposed to be exhaustive.  It was when I wrote that.  If you
> find a string that isn't in the list, please add it to the list.

But do you think "failed with code Name lookup of laars.ingebrigtsen.no
failed" message fits the "failed with code codename" template
sufficiently?  (The two "failed" bits is probably something that should
be tweaked.)

If not, do you have a suggestion as to a better sentiel code message?  I
like that it's so explicit: It really says what the problem was...

The other messages that may appear now are:

failed with code The Network Security Manager stopped the connections
failed with code TLS negotiation failed

And...  I think that's... it?  Probably.  If I skim the code correctly,
these are the only three newly added error conditions, and that aren't
currently triggering the sentinel.