Re: 64 bit emacs 25.1 on AIX

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: 64 bit emacs 25.1 on AIX
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 13:21:37 -0800

On 01/25/2017 11:29 AM, Perry Smith wrote:
“what is the recommended way to use temacs rather than the preloaded emacs?"

The temacs procedure has bitrotted a bit, I'm afraid. Ken Raeburn is working on this, as one idea for fixing the Emacs dump problem is to always run in temacs mode. See the scratch/raeburn-startup branch in the Emacs git repository. Although this is not ready for prime-time, it may be good enough for your purposes. The latest email I recall receiving from Ken on this subject is archived here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-01/msg00490.html