Re: Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 01:19:33 -0500

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>> As a precaution that that does not repeat when emacs 26.x is released,
>> should the org version in emacs master be synced with the now latest stable
>> org version 9.0.4?
>
> Yes.

We'd want at least one more release from maint, I think, so that'd be
9.0.5.

>> If we are able the release the new packaging method in emacs 26.x, then we
>> can remove org from emacs master completely, but if not, then at least as
>> backup we have a newer org version to go out with that release.
>
> What is the current status?  I am a bit confused about the policy at this
> point.  I'm happy to try to update master to 9.0.4, but I was somehow
> under the impression that we were waiting for a solution to include ELPA
> packages in the Emacs tarball.

Rasmus, I've pushed a branch (emacs-sync) to the Org repo that applies
several patches on top of maint.  These make a few changes to org.texi
and orgcard.tex that I think are appropriate for the sync.  Feel free to
ignore the branch if it's not helpful.

Thanks.

--
Kyle