Re: Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 16:01:24 +0000

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 10:39 AM Kyle Meyer <address@hidden> wrote:
Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 1:19 AM Kyle Meyer <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> We'd want at least one more release from maint, I think, so that'd be
>> 9.0.5.
>
> Would it be OK to sync the current stable 9.0.4,

I don't think that's a good idea.  Since 9.0.4, I've backported one
remaining commit from Emacs, I've adjusted :version in defcustoms to the
appropriate version for a sync targeting Emacs's master, and I've
cleaned up the spacing in a few places so that all the files pass
Emacs's pre-commit check.

Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

> We never know, we might end up with even higher stable releases by the
> time emacs 26.1 is released.

I suspect we will, given that 9.0.1 -> 9.0.4 have all been released
since this November.

I don't believe that the target date has yet been set for releasing 26.1. We are currently on the release candidate testing stage of 25.2. So I will not be surprised if 26.1 get released even 3 months or 6 months from now. Eli? John?
--

Kaushal Modi