Re: official Emacs Docker image

From: Filipe Silva
Subject: Re: official Emacs Docker image
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 17:45:16 -0200

Ted, I think that before the portable dumper branch get's merged or the big elc file branch gets merged, you are going to have a really hard time writing a docker file for that because of: https://github.com/docker/docker/issues/22801

You'll probably will have to rely on "docker commiting" your image. That's how I do it for now. I built emacs from git head with it.

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 13:25:32 -0500 Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

RS> I guess that makes sense for special circumstances.  Anyway, it does
RS> no wrong to anyone.  So please support it if you want to.

After talking to RMS, I created https://hub.docker.com/u/fsfemacs and am
currently the owner of the organization. The image, when ready, will be
"fsfemacs/emacs". I named it that way to emphasize the FSF organization,
rather than "gnuemacs" which would emphasize the GNU project.

If you're interested in collaborating on a Dockerfile that builds 24.x
and 25.x/master, let me know here or in e-mail. If you have one already,
even better.

Thanks
Ted