Re: mark-whole-buffer and unnecessary (point) call

From: dptd dptd
Subject: Re: mark-whole-buffer and unnecessary (point) call
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 13:37:20 +0200

On 28 Jan 2017, at 12:43, dptd dptd <address@hidden> wrote:

On 28 Jan 2017, at 12:28, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 11:55:47 +0200
From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

Searching for "(push-mark (point))" finds 28 hits

And 97 hits for "(push-mark)", including 3 in simple.el.

Alright so I think I can assume for now that call to (point) is really not needed in such scenarios.
I will unify it in the whole repo and try to send my first patch. We will see what will happen…
If it will be accepted then I will update “An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp” tex file.

Thanks Eli. :)

I have the patch ready. Should I simply send it as a plain text to the emacs-diffs mailing list?
I saw that people there are not writing any comments about the change itself so there is no place for discussion.
Another thing is the copyright assignment. My patch has more than 15 lines of code so as far as I know I need to
do that. I have read in the CONTRIBUTE that emacs-devel can help with that. I have also read on the FSF page
that I should probably contact with the package maintainer. Where can I find any contact information?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
dptd