Re: Disable emacs-diffs mails for scratch branches

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Disable emacs-diffs mails for scratch branches
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 10:35:01 -0500

> Subject says it all. Could we please do that? I think it's pretty normal
> for scratch-Branches being deleted and pushed anew, and for large
> branches like cedet-merge or cedet-tests this needlessly creates
> hundreds of mails each time.

I agree that those 300 emails dumps are more annoying than useful.
But FWIW, I see two problems with your suggestion:
1- I don't know how to do it.
2- I do find it very useful to see commits on scratch branches when
   those branches are used for gradual development (e.g. the byte-switch
   branch).

Maybe the problem can be solved by sending one email per push instead of
one email per commit.

        Stefan