Revisiting `setq-local`s signature

From: Jordon Biondo
Subject: Revisiting `setq-local`s signature
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 13:37:54 -0500

A while ago I brought up the inconstant signatures of `setq`, `setq-default` and `setq-local`. In short, I want `setq-local` to have the same signature as `setq` and `setq-local`. (setq* VAR VAL VAR VAL...)

See thread: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-03/msg00448.html

I appreciate Stefan's input back then, but I'd like to revisit the issue, get further input, and see if I can change some minds about the issue.

If you believe the variadic signature of `setq` and `setq-default` is not ideal, consider that backwards compatibility erases any chance that those two functions will lose that feature, and consider the benefits of being consistently wrong over being inconsistently right.

Are maintainers and users still opposed to this change? If not I'd be happy to update the patch from the previous thread.

Regards
-Jordon